Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"Ten Marketing Truths You Must Never Forget"

Yesterday's blog post reminded me of a book I read a while back. It motivated me to pick up an old marketing book off the bookshelf last night; sometimes I like to re-read the highlighter marks I made when I first read it. The book was printed around 1984, and is called "Guerrilla Marketing - Secrets for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business" by Jay Conrad Levinson. I stumbled across some relevant points that are fairly basic, but that one should never forget. Sometimes we could use a refresher...

1. The Market is constantly changing.
2. People forget fast.
3. Your competition isn't quitting.
4. Marketing strengthens your identity.
5. Marketing is essential to survival and growth.
6. Marketing enables you to hold on to your old customers.
7. Marketing maintains morale.
8. Marketing gives you an advantage over competitors who have ceased marketing.
9. Marketing allows your business to continue operating.
10. You have invested money that you stand to lose.

Here's another Guerrilla Marketing Book by Jay Levinson:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home